Some of the articles by the director of the Center:
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written an article on how CSR can be a most positive influence in overcoming poverty and deprivation, "CSR: Will It Change the World? Hope for the Future: An Emerging Logic in Business Practice," Journal of Corporate Citizenship, Volume 53, Issue 18, March 2014, pp. 9-26.
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written an article discussing the mission of the United Nations Global Compact. "The United Nations Global Compact: What Did It Promise?" Journal of Business Ethics, Volume 122, June 2014, pp 241-51/
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written a book on business and CSR:, Corporate Social Responsibility: The Role of Business in Sustainable Development. (London & New York: Routledge, 2014. A review by William C. Frederick, March 2014(266K).
- Mendoza Marketing Department's new book redefines role of marketer by Oliver F. Williams, C.S.C.. February 26, 2014. "Marketing and the Common Good" presents a reformative vision of the industry... Read more(514K)
- "Business Ethics in China: A Moving Target" by Oliver F. Williams, C.S.C., October 15, 2013. One of the chief challenges presented by globalization is developing a consensus on global ethical norms... Read mor(538K)
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written an article "Business Not Just About Money But a Social Responsibility, Too(1MB)". "Business is not just about making money, it is also a way to achieve peace through respect for human rights and social responsibility"... The Visayan Daily Star, February 12, 2013
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written an article "The Purpose of Business: Advancing the Common Good(152K)". What is the purpose of business? Asked this question, any random group will probably have the majority saying: "To make money, of course."... ,BusinessWorld, February 6, 2013.
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written an article "New Trends in Business in Line with Catholic Social Teaching(129K)". There are a growing number of companies that not only seek their private good, but also the common good and they embody this expanded purpose in their mission statement and core values... Manila Times, January 29, 2013
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written an article " The UN Global Compact and Doing the Right Thing". This article is based on a paper Advancing Human Rights in Developing Countries: A voluntary opportunity a moral obligation for business. This matter was discussed at a recent research seminar at the Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town, May 2012.
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written an article "Is it Possible to Have a Business Based on Solidarity and Mutual Trust? The Challenge of Catholic Social Teaching to Capitalism and the Promise of Southwest Airlines(1MB)". "Pope Benedict XVI in the July 7, 2009 Encyclical Caritas in Veritate (Charity in Truth) suggests that our times, characterized by a financial crisis and poor economic performance, require a new civilizing of the economy."... Journal of Catholic Social Thought, 9:1, 2012, 59-69.
- Oliver Williams, C.S.C., has written an article "The UN Global Compact: The Challenge and the Promise(2MB)". "The UN Global Compact is a voluntary initiative designed to help fashion a more humane world by enlisting business to follow ten principles concerning human rights, labor, the environment, and corruption."... Business Ethics Quarterly, Volume 14, Issue 4, 2004